Bishops Palace

360: 


Overview

Distance from Panjim: 
4 km
Geo: 
North Goa
Location: 
Altinho

The Bishops Palace, a beautiful Portuguese style building also known as the Patriarcal Palace is situated in Altinho the hillock overlooking the city of Panaji. It is the residence of the Archbishop of Goa. Its construction was begun in 1886 and completed in 1894. It was constructed to reflect the elevation of the Archbishop to a patriarch. It has an impressive coat of arms at its entrance that belongs to Goa's first Patriarch, Dom Antonio Sebastio Valente. The Palace has a historic relevance as Pope John Paul II lived here during his stay in Goa in February 1986.







What's nearby?

  • Airport
  • Bus stop
  • Hotel
  • Lifeguard
  • Parking
  • Public restroom
  • Railway station
  • Restaurant
  • Shack
  • Smoking allowed
  • Taxi/Cab